Effective as of January 1, 2020
Collection and Use of Information
We collect personal information from you to provide an efficient, meaningful and customized experience for you on the Site. We collect some or all of the following information from or about you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing/shipping address and phone number
- If you use our mobile application, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location or using the “Retail Locator” function on our website), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information
- Billing information such as credit card number and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number and password
- Preferences information such as product wish lists, order history and marketing preferences
- User’s date of birth and gender
- Information you voluntarily provide to us in connection with your voluntary participation in a research study such as your buying habits, preferences and opinions on products and services we may offer
As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your device such as: Your IP address, time and date of visit, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, agent version, platform, SDK version, timestamp, API key (identifier for application), application version, device identifier, iOS Identifier for Advertising, iOS Identifier for Vendors, Media Access Control (MAC) address, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), Model, manufacture and OS version of device, session start/stop time, locale (specific location where a given language is spoken), time zone, and network status (WiFi, etc.).
We may log this information for system administration and improvement, order verification, marketing and system troubleshooting purposes.
We use this information to:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests and applications for employment
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing and promotional communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our website and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
Information Provided by You About Others
Information You Provide to Facebook and Other Social Networking Sites
We may also collect information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our mobile application. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the mobile application, and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our mobile application crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our mobile application. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual. You can stop all collection of information by the mobile application by uninstalling the mobile application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
We and our third party Service Providers in the U.S. and Canada may also disclose your personal information:
- As required or permitted by law such as to comply with a subpoena, in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry, order or similar legal process
- To investigate both in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, investigate fraud or respond to a government request
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
Additionally, we may share email addresses (in a hashed or de-identified form) that have been provided to us by our registered users, with third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges (including SNSs), to serve targeted advertisements to you about our goods and services.
If Butter Bae LLC engages in a joint promotion with an affiliate and/or partner, we may share your contact information with our affiliate and/or partner to be used in relation to the promotion. We may share aggregated or non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners.
If Butter Bae LLC is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a majority portion of its assets, you will be notified via email or a prominent notice on our website or both of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We will not be responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such SNSs; (ii) the content, products or services on or availability of such SNSs; or (iii) your use of any such SNSs.
Third Party Websites
Marketing Communications Choice and Opt-Out
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. You may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, updating your communications preferences in your membership account on our website or contacting us at the address, telephone number or email address set forth below. Please note however, that as a user of the service, you cannot opt-out of some administrative communications that are reasonably necessary to the service, such as billing or service notifications.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the "preferences" section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain personal information with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may access, update or correct any of your personal information in your account by editing your profile within your account. You may request access, updating or the correction of inaccuracies in other personal information in our custody or control by writing or sending an email to us at the email address set forth below.
If you have any questions please contact us at:
Butter Bae LLC
P.O. Box 6686
Upper Marlboro MD, 20774
Attn: Butter Bae Privacy
We may share email addresses (in a hashed or de-identified form) that have been provided to us by our registered users, with network advertisers and ad exchanges (including SNSs), to serve targeted advertisements to you about our goods and services. We may work with third parties, such as network advertisers and ad exchanges that use tracking technologies on our websites in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and/or on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet and we may use third party analytics service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of these ads on third party sites and viewing of ads and of our content. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which may be based on your activities (including past visits to our websites) across the Internet and mobile media (“Targeted Advertising”).
Targeted Advertising (also known as Behavioral Ads) uses information collected on an individual's web browsing behavior on one website (such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made) in order to target advertising to that individual on another website. Targeting called Cross Device Tracking can also take place across devices such as tablets, smartphones, laptops and smart televisions. Third parties collect this information by placing or accessing cookies or other tracking technologies in your browser when you visit this, or other, websites.
Behavioral Ads enable us to target advertisements to you for products and services in which you have demonstrated an interest. If you object to receiving Behavioral Ads from us on third party sites, you can learn more about your ability to limit Behavioral Ads below. Our third party ad network and exchange providers, the advertisers and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own technologies on your device and track certain behavioral usage information via a device identifier. These third party technologies may be set to, among other things: (a) help deliver advertisements to you that you might be interested in; (b) prevent you from seeing the same advertisements; and (c) understand the usefulness of the advertisements that have been delivered to you.
Statements regarding our practices do not apply to the methods for collecting information used by these third parties or the use of the information that such third parties collect. We make no representations regarding the policies or practices of third party advertisers or advertising networks or exchanges or related third parties.
While sites use a variety of companies to serve advertisements, you may wish to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp , which provides information regarding this practice by Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. Opting out of one or more NAI members only means that those NAI members not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads. You may also opt-out of receiving Behavioral Ads on participating sites and services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/rs no longer will be allowed under their own rules to deliver Behavioral Ads to you, but do. Please note, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit an opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use multiple devices or change web browsers, your opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options or programs.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Our Site contains electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by which recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns. We use a third party to gather aggregated information about how you and others use our Site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this information to understand and optimize how our website is used and also to personalize your user experience.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you provide such personal information such as a credit card number, we encrypt any transmission of that personal information using secure transport layer security (TLS).
We follow reasonable and generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
A Note About Children
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
The categories of personal information Butter Bae LLC collects about you
- Identifiers such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and IP address
- Internet or other electronic network activity information such as your site activity
- Geolocation data such as if you enable location sharing or “Retail Locator” functionality on your mobile device
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information such as in the event you contact customer service, we may record the call
- Inferences such as recommendations of products based on your purchase or browsing history
The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information
- We may use identifiers to communicate with you about your order, fulfill your order, send you marketing and promotional communications, respond to customer service requests or applications for employment, send you a newsletter and send product updates or warranty information
- We may use commercial information to send you marketing and promotional communications, display content based on your interests and conduct research and analysis
- We may use internet or electronic network activity information to improve our website and marketing efforts, and administer your account
- We may use geolocation data to display retail locations near you that sell our products
- We may use Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information to respond to and manage customer service requests
- We may use inferences to display content based on your interests and send you marketing and promotional communications
The categories of third parties with whom we share your information
- We may disclose identifiers for business purposes to the following categories of third parties: Service Providers, law enforcement, courts, governments and regulatory agencies
- We may disclose commercial information for business purposes to the following categories of third parties: Service Providers, law enforcement, courts, governments and regulatory agencies
- We may disclose internet or electronic network activity information for business purposes to the following categories of third parties: Service Providers, law enforcement, courts, governments and regulatory agencies
- We may disclose geolocation data for business purposes to the following categories of third parties: Service Providers, law enforcement, courts, governments and regulatory agencies
- We may disclose Inferences for business purposes to the following categories of third parties: Service Providers, law enforcement, courts, governments and regulatory agencies
The categories of sources from which your personal information is collected
- You, the consumer, when you provide us with personal information directly and when we collect it automatically based on your interactions with the Site
- Service Providers
- Other sources: third parties who provide services for us including payment service providers and publicly available sources such as public posts on social media platforms
If you are a resident of California, you may be entitled to certain rights under the CCPA”)
Under the CCPA and its attendant proposed regulations, California residents have (a) the right to request access to the personal information collected in the previous 12 months; (b) the right to request deletion of personal information; and (c) the right to opt out of the “sale”, as defined under the CCPA, of personal information.
Right to Know and Delete
When exercising your right to know, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we collect about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information;
- The business purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the previous 12 months.
To request access to or deletion of your personal information, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Opt-out
These rights are subject to certain exemptions and exceptions as well as certain steps we must take to verify your identity, such as sending email verification to the contact information provided in your request. If you elect to exercise any of your rights under CCPA, Butter Bae will not deny services, provide a different price or rate for our services, provide a different level of service to you or discriminate against you in any way because you exercised such rights.
California “Shine the Light” Law
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you may request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year.
Butter Bae LLC is not an entity that is covered by HIPAA. The HIPAA privacy rules apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA (the "covered entities") and their service providers ("business associates"). This means that the information that you provide to the Honest Company is not protected by the HIPAA privacy rules and regulations.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
A Note to Certain Users Outside of the United States
Butter Bae LLC
P.O. Box 6686
Upper Marlboro MD, 20774
Attn: Butter Bae Privacy
Last Updated: June 9, 2021